Posted on 07-02-2013
A growth in the number of new APIs being created to act as quantified self data tools could lead to a new wave of personal health applications.Data streamed via quantified self APIs could also potentially create new empirical datasets to support emerging sciences.The Moves API, Pokelog API and a forthcoming Human API all point to greater interest in pulling personal data into new applications.The term “Quantified Self” refers to the idea of collecting, storing and analyzing personal data over a period of time.Surprisingly, the emergence of location-specific data tools and social media networks that encourage regular updating on how you are feeling and what you are thinking at any time, has not yet led to a zeitgeist-level interest in creating personal datasets from this information.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Your Workout is About to Get Sweeter: Introducing Rewards!
- Tory Burch for Fitbit Accessories Collection Now Available for Pre-Sale
- Existence as a Platform - Where Quantified Self meets Internet of Thi…
- Bionym Launches Its Nymi Developer Community
- Poikos Launches FlitFit API to Capture and Integrate Body Measurements with Third Party Apps
- How RunKeeper Disrupted the Fitness Industry with Open Graph
- The Quantified Self: Growing Interest in APIs to Manage Personal Data
- Interview with Quantified Self Labs Director Ernesto Ramirez on the New Mindful Cyborgs
- The Quantified Self
- Lace up your sneakers, Pebble watch owners, you’ve got RunKeeper!