Posted on 08-07-2013
Poikos, computer vision system provider, has launched the FlixFit API that allows third party apps and websites to capture high quality human body measurements through imaging.The current goal of Poikos’ measurement technology is to improve online retail experiences by understanding EXACTLY what size to order without leaving home.Poikos founder and CEO, Nell Watson, explained: Watson founded Poikos in 2010 with a few guiding principles: change the world through technology, lower medical costs, and create scalable infrastructure.Since its founding, Poikos has built its first product from scratch (FlixFit).Although it’s currently aimed at online shopping, the company foresees medical uses in its future.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Your Workout is About to Get Sweeter: Introducing Rewards!
- Tory Burch for Fitbit Accessories Collection Now Available for Pre-Sale
- Existence as a Platform - Where Quantified Self meets Internet of Thi…
- Bionym Launches Its Nymi Developer Community
- Poikos Launches FlitFit API to Capture and Integrate Body Measurements with Third Party Apps
- How RunKeeper Disrupted the Fitness Industry with Open Graph
- The Quantified Self: Growing Interest in APIs to Manage Personal Data
- Interview with Quantified Self Labs Director Ernesto Ramirez on the New Mindful Cyborgs
- The Quantified Self
- Lace up your sneakers, Pebble watch owners, you’ve got RunKeeper!